Saturday, June 5, 2010

Paging Sun Cellular




I switched to Sun Cellular last year after having been pressured by friends and co-workers who were already enjoying unlimited calls and texts for their contacts within the network. Teased, I seemed to hear them say : "Are you one of us?" - which is funny coz this is actually a competitor's slogan. So when I had lost my old phone (with Globe SIM) at a Christmas party in December, I bought a new LG phone and an inexpensive Sun Cellular SIM card. Finally now, I am "one of them."

Using the phone and Sun's services has been an okay experience over-all. Except for the fact that I still don't know what's the difference between what they call "regular load" and "call and text unlimited" (why, can't I not call and text using regular load?), I am getting my money's worth every time I load up since I am able to use P30 worth of load for example for an average of 5 days (or should I thank Manong Johnny for this?). Everything should be going perfectly for me as a "convert" to Sun Cellular, until I have noticed just lately that whenever it's cloudy outside, I am getting "limited service" on my phone. It's not rocket science for someone like me to know that this is caused by weak mobile service signal. What's irritating is that I am in the middle of the metropolis (hello, this is The Fort!).

I have been suffering from weak Sun Cellular signal for three days now and heaven knows how many important messages I might be missing. This is frustrating because while my LG phone shows full signal and is fully charged, my mobile SIM performs otherwise.

We have just recently discussed customer service in training, where we discussed the definition of an unsatisfied/irate customer. I just hope I wouldn't be an irate customer myself when I call Sun Cellular later to find out why I am getting "limited service" on my phone. I just hope the company invests on improving its signal soon, considering it has already lured a significant number of customers away from telecom giants Globe and Smart with its promos and all from which to get the budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment