Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dreaming about Paradise



When I applied for an accounts managerial post in one of the Philippines' leading Ortigas-based retail companies, I was asked by the managing director what was my plan in the next five to ten years. I answered without even pausing that I intend to buy a property in the province and develop it into a personal paradise - a ranch. With eyes sparkling (I know my eyes did sparkle even though there was no mirror around), I told the interviewer that it should be at least 10,000 hectares of land located by the mountain, near the sea. Since I am a nature-lover, I will convert the property into a mango plantation-cum-beach resort. An eco-tourism site, my paradise will not just be a perfect place for relaxation but for retirement as well! Looking back, I guess it was easy to describe that dream space because of one amazing travel I had with friends in Zambales. The places we visited, specially Talisayin and Nagsasa Cove, were somewhat closer to my ideal ranch. I just hope I would be able to realize such a big dream in schedule (10 years max). Hehe.

1 comment:

  1. Pwede yan Ron. Maraming ganyang klaseng lupa dito sa MIndanao. Mura pa. ;-)

    ReplyDelete