Monday, February 2, 2009

Music and Verse

Hay... those ngarag days. I was rummaging through my old folders at home when I chanced upon this piece of paper. My very first production script! Wow, I still couldn't believe I survived student life at UP-CMC with those nerve-wracking productions! That's where I learned that every second counts (kasi naman de segundo ang productions namin). It only takes 3 seconds to spell the difference between passing and failing marks, or between flat one (uno) and 1.25.

Anyway, enough of restrospect. Here's the script:


Ronald Jalmasco
My Music and Verse Production
9:00 AM -9:10 AM


1 MSC: FADE IN “SANDCASTLES” SIDE 1 CUT 6 FROM REIGNE
2 BY REGINE VELASQUEZ, SUSTAIN THEN FADE UNDER FOR

3 ANNCR: We were young then, my April love
4 We thought our togetherness
5 Would never become a loneliness,
6 A broken shill under the sun
7 Memory has taken a picture
8 Of the castle I made for you
9 On that solitary beach.
10 The surge of dark and surf of light,
11 The flotsam of twigs and leaves
12 Surround my arms around the spines
13 Of sand dropped from my fingers
14 That had touched your own salty swell.
15 The least and most of what is possible
16 Of sand and sea is all we can have.
17 (Yet) the sea reclaimed our castle long ago,
18 Leaving as heritage—this islet, this poem,
19 You and I, this country yours and mine.

END OF PRODUCTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment