Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crisis


I woke up early this morning to prepare for a 9 o'clock client call Rey and I set with his business accounts. He would be introducing me as his 'replacement' as this mighty friend of mine has just resigned and he'll be touring the world in the coming months as a better earning Marketing guy of a US-based broadcast/marketing firm (kainggit!)

Like a typical morning person, I wanted to take my breakfast right away - coffee, rice, and all that. I was craving for milk so I hurriedly proceeded to the kitchen and checked the milk container. To my horror, it was empty! My eyes automatically panned right to the coffee and sugar containers placed next to it, and they were empty too! The sugar container had at least a teaspoon left, but it wouldn't be enough to sweeten even at least 1 oz of plain water. Frustrated and tense at the same time, I hurriedly turned to our magic 'kaldero' to see if there was still rice left for me from last night's supper. It had and I was relieved! Problem is, there was no viand to help me consume at least 5 spoonfulls of bahaw.

Depressed, I wanted to take a bath na lang. It was strangely cold that night (err dawn) so I wanted to heat at least a liter of water. The kettle was already filled with H2o but when I was about to turn on the stove, my mother had suddenly arose from her bed and told me "wala na tayong gas". She informed me our dealer ran out of stock of which kinda resounded the hiss on LPG tank shortage many news programs have been highlighting in the past two weeks. My mother instructed me to instead use the electric water heater which I won from our last Christmas party's raffle (at least napakinabangan din!). She also told me she hasn't gone to the supermarket or the wet market yet to purchase grocery items and pang-ulam because she ran out of cash. We still have to wait for my sister's pay day on Thursday, and mine next week. In the meantime, we had to make both ends meet. Wag lang sanang kumain ng lupa!

Grabe, the global financial meltdown has finally become so palpable in my household. Apektado kami ng krisis.

1 comment:

  1. That's why I always tell myself to save though sometimes, I can easily forget about it. hahaha... :)

    ReplyDelete