Sunday, May 24, 2009

Farewell to a Friend

Today, I have to live to the reality that one of my closest friends in BayanTrade would be leaving soon. I expect resignations to happen from time to time. Pero iba pala talaga when that person personally tells you that he or she is leaving.

Yes, I have attachments to personal things and places and people that are close to my heart. Makikipag-away ako para sa kapatid o kaibigan, kahit hindi naman ako ang inaaway. I am willing to do something to that effect, crazy things I must say. But I am willing to do that perhaps because I care for loved ones and friends and I am protective of them.

That's why farewells are hard for me. I dread the day when I would no longer see that person as frequent as I could, as in before. That I would have to do things and live each day differently, because that person with whom I used to do these things and that make up part of my every day would no longer be around. It's as if an important element of my constellation would be absorbed by another galaxy. And the only communication to bridge the gap would be mediated, something like Plurk, or YM, or Facebook. I'm sad. I want to cry.

Is it a crime to ask myself: Ilan kaya sa kanila ang susunod in the coming months? I should hold my tears more!

My only consolation is: That's the way it is. And if my time comes when I too would be saying "goodbye", someone's gonna feel the same way for me.

Goodbye Taga-bukid. See you in Davao.

And please, keep us updated through your blog.

2 comments:

  1. i feel the same way ron... as much as i want to keep the people i've met and loved, i just can't. people really come and go. and that's one sad reality in life. though it's not really goodbye in its truest sense as we still have the chance to communicate via ym, plurk or facebook, it's indeed different when you cannot anymore see the person you used to see when you go to the office, home and the like. the best we could do is be thankful that in some point of our life, we're able to be with one special person who makes our life more colorful.

    ReplyDelete